Middleton Sport Bowl will host the the 2019-20 Madison Area USBC Women’s Championships on weekends from February 8 – February 23. There will be two squads on every tournament day. Squad times are 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
There are now TWO team divisions, and two divisions each of Singles, Doubles, and All Events with the division average cut-off at 170 (340 for doubles, 680 for team).
Download a 2019-20 Entry From.
Bowl-A-Vard Lanes is the Major Sponsor of the Madison Area USBC Women’s Championship tournament! Proprietor and Hall of Famer Don Bussan has long been a strong supporter of MWBA activities and continues the tradition with a $500.00 sponsorship of the Madison Area Women’s Association Championship tournament.
This tournament is 100% handicapped. Whoever bowls highest over average wins!
Other tournament features include:
- Composite Averages – The tournament director will assign all averages, based on your last year composite – which includes all pins and games in all of your leagues.
- Captain Only Raffle – All team captains receive a special ticket for a chance to win a new bowling ball. We will draw one winner for every 30 team entries at the conclusion of the tournament.
- Entry Fees – The cost for the tournament is $20.00 per event, which is a slight per event increase and matches the Open Championships. Optional All Events and scratch options are available for $5.00 per person/event.
- Raffle Prizes – We will have a ball raffle on each shift.
- Dinner With the Champs – All tournament division champions and scratch titlists will earn a ticket to the annual Dinner with the Champions.See the entry form for details.
- Squad Organizer – Bring in a squad of eight teams, and we’ll just GIVE you a new bowling ball. Invite your whole league to participate – the Lake City League from Bowl-A-Vard Lanes participates annually in the Open Championships.
The Open Championships has grown steadily over the last 10 years – let’s grow another one! What would you like to see out of your local Women’s Championship Tournament? Let us know!