The Madison Bowling Association annual meeting will take place Sunday, August 17, at Spartan Bowl in McFarland at 6:00 p.m.
The meeting is open to all members of the MBA.
The agenda will include:
- Presentation of the proposed 2014-15 operating budget
- Presentation of bylaws updates
- Election of four directors to three year terms
- Election of President and Vice President to three year terms
- Selection of delegates for the annual Wisconsin State Bowling Association convention
- Selection of delegates for the USBC convention
- Various officer reports
- Various committee reports
This season, the MBA will be shifting focus to the development of programs for promoting bowling and bowlers to our members and to the community at large. Members are encouraged to attend the annual meeting to learn about the new direction in the operation of your association. Members will be given opportunity to ask questions, make suggestions, volunteer for projects, or contribute as a committee member.
Items we will be focusing on are:
- Promotion of our new local awards program
- Development of regular coaching clinics geared at non-bowlers and new members
- Allowing league officers and proprietors to utilize the MBA to promote/publicize their leagues and bowlers on our website and social media channels
- Expansion of our community outreach to develop and operate additional fund-raising bowling activities for local charities and area non-profits
- Continued growth of our annual championship tournaments, as well as additional tournament opportunities
Your bowling association is funded by you. We appreciate you as a member and value your input. Hope to see you there.